Summer Road Trip Tips
With summer right around the corner it'll soon be a great time to take a road trip. Here are some tips to make sure you and your vehicle are prepared for the journey.
A road trip can be a fun experience. Follow these tips to make sure it's a safe and enjoyable journey..Peter Johnson is the chief writer for http://www.all-about-car-selection.
- Before you hit the road, have your vehicle inspected. A basic inspection is not very expensive and will cover the brakes, tires, suspension, lights, cooling system, and other basic drive train components. Also, if you have an older vehicle, an air conditioner inspection is also a great idea. You don't want to be driving for hours in the summer with a full load of passengers without air conditioning.
- Check your tire pressure before you leave. Most tires require between 30-32psi. Don't forget to check the spare tire as well.
- If you packed anything on the roof of the vehicle, make sure the majority of the weight is concentrated in the middle of the roof.
- Don't pack anything heavy inside the passenger compartment of the vehicle. Heavy and sharp objects can become projectiles during an accident.
- Pack an emergency kit with you.
A good emergency kit should include a flashlight, a first aid kit, jumper cables, gloves, rope, and tire inflator.
- Always bring extra water. Although you may be traveling on major roads, a flat tire or breakdown can occur miles from the nearest exit.
Standing on the side of the highway in the hot afternoon sun can lead to dehydration. Having extra water will help.
- If you've never changed a flat tire, perhaps you should try it in the comfort of your own driveway a few days before you head out on your trip. The instructions are in your owner's manual and it only takes a few minutes.
Don't wait for an emergency to learn.
- While on the road, try to take a 15 minute break every 2 hours. This will keep you alert and fresh.
- Pack plenty of entertainment for children. Travel toys and games can help pass the time and reduce the chances of hearing "are we there yet?" every 10 minutes.
- Whenever you travel make sure that everyone has proper identification and required documentation.
This is especially important when traveling across state and national boarders.
By: Peter J.H. Johnson
Amusement Parks and Theme Parks In Germany Part of - As we get spring here in Germany and the temperature goes up,
our Amusement Parks and Theme Parks opened their doors.
How To Buy a Used RV Part - If you are on a tight budget and can't afford a new model RV you
might consider buying a used RV.
Do you make these air travel mistakes - Word count: 370 Character width: 60 Resource Box: 3 lines inc.
Thinking about a vacation in Las Vegas Visit Hotelconxionscomfor cheap - Choose from newly added cheap hotels or Luxury hotels in Las
Thinking about a vacation in New York Visit Hotelconxionscom - Choose from newly added cheap hotels in New York or Luxury